This program teaches bus safety to first time riders from JK to Grade 3 and provides an opportunity for students to experience a bus ride.
Children, along with a parent, will be given a bus ride that will allow them to practice what they have learned. An opportunity for children to ride without parents will also be provided with transportation staff on the bus.
Due to safety reasons, we are unable to permit toddlers or infants a ride on the bus.
- Sessions will be approximately 1.5 hours.
- To register for the program in Dryden or Kenora on August 24th, contact the Consortium office. Families in all other communities are to contact your school for details.
We provide school bus service for eligible riders registered at the following School Boards:
- Keewatin-Patricia District School Board
- Kenora Catholic District School Board
- The Northwest Catholic District School Board
- Conseil scolaire de district catholique des Aurores boréales
Once you have registered for school, click here to check for school bus eligibility and register for bussing.
Why can’t my child eat on the bus?
Eating and drinking on the bus are not allowed because doing so can create serious and potentially life-threatening safety hazards, including choking and the severe allergic reaction of other students.
School buses are carrying our future and we all share the responsibility of keeping our kids safe. Please make your children aware that eating and drinking are not allowed on the bus.