First Rider sessions are approximately one hour long, and include a bus safety video featuring Buzzy Bee, as well as a bus ride which will allow students to practice the safety procedures they have learned, such as the loading and unloading of the bus safely.
We are back to in-person programs this summer! Please see below for details about First Rider in your community. To register, email the Consortium at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 807-223-1256 / toll free 1-866-860-7770.
- Kenora – Saturday, August 27 at 9:30 AM
- Dryden – Saturday, August 27 at 9:30 AM
- Ear Falls – Monday, September 19 at 8:30 AM
- Ignace – Thursday, September 1 at 11:00 AM
- Dates for programs in other communities to be determined. Register now and we will contact you when details are available.
Parents are encouraged to participate in the session with your student. Families are welcome, including younger siblings. However, please note that for safety reasons infants and toddlers are not permitted to ride the bus during the First Rider session.
School Bussing for 2022-2023
Consortium staff will be available throughout the summer to assist you with bussing arrangements for the 2022-2023 school year. Please contact us by August 22 to ensure that any changes or new arrangements can be made in time for the first day of school. Contact us by going to www.nwobus.ca, emailing email@example.com, or by calling 807-223-1256 or 1-866-860-7770.
Students who rode the bus regularly at the end of this school year will be automatically registered for bussing next year with the following exceptions:
- Students whose distance eligibility has changed (entering Grade 1, Grade 4, Grade 9, or changing schools). Parents/guardians of students who are no longer eligible for bussing will be contacted by email in July.
- Returning Grade 12 students (all returning Grade 12’s must re-register for bussing).
All parents/guardians are reminded to check your transportation arrangements before the start of the school year, as your bus number, bus stop, or stop times may have changed. You can do so beginning in mid-August by using our Parent Portal www.nwobus.ca/parent-portal.